Wedding Makeup Tips For Summer
Since wedding makeup trials and day of applications can be expensive, one way many brides save money on their wedding day, is by doing their own makeup. If you are talented enough to do this (more power to you!) but how do you keep it from running or looking like a sweaty mess in this heat?
Here are some basic and easy summer makeup tips to follow…
- Purchase new makeup for the season to include light or shear foundation, waterproof cosmetics and those that are oil free.
- Before applying your makeup, wash your face thoroughly with a light oil free cleanser.
- Apply a toner to remove any excess oil, then a primer that will help keep your makeup in place.
- If possible, stay away from foundation. Use a concealer on problem spots.
- Apply a finishing powder to make your skin look even and smooth.
- Put on your eye makeup in this order: eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara.
- Avoid bronzer; if you need that extra glow, opt for a small swipe of rosy blush across your cheek.
- Skip the lip liner and stick to a translucent lipstick shade that contains SPF but no sparkles.
Most makeup manufacturers offer products that are shine-free, contain SPF (don’t forget to protect your skin!) and that are long-lasting.
Don’t forget to thoroughly wash and moisturize your face the next before, to ensure you wake up with skin that’s nice and refreshed!
Categorized In: Beauty & Fitness