Men’s Wedding Ring Bands: Tungsten Carbide
When it comes to men’s wedding bands, there is so much to choose from but today I’m going to share some information on Tungsten Carbide, as it is becoming increasingly popular.
Tungsten is a very hard and dense metal, with the highest melting point of all metals. Alone, tungsten is vulnerable to scratches and damage just like any other metal but when combined with a carbon alloy, it gains an extreme hardness. It is four times harder than titanium, twice as hard as steel and almost impossible to scratch.
The resulted metal of tungsten carbine can be designed into a wedding band ring that is both visually stunning and durable enough to withstand everyday use.
Here are some more facts…
- These rings can only be damaged through extreme measures, such as being struck with a hammer. With that being said, tungsten rings are 100% scratch proof and will not bend out of shape – perfect for the groom who works with his hands or enjoys playing sports.
- If purchasing a tungsten carbine ring, make sure to ask what type of metal was used in the finishing process. Many manufacturers use cobalt, as it is cheaper to produce, but it can mix with the oils on your skin, leaving your ring with a tarnished look. The better choice is nickel, which is hypoallergenic so your ring won’t dull or irritate your skin.
- These rings come in a variety of styles and designs, as well as different colorings such as black.
- Take the time to try on your ring before purchasing, as this metal cannot be resized. This metal should also not be engraved, as the text will be faint and be hard to read.
- Make sure your jewelers offers a lifetime warranty against scratches and breakage.
- In the case of medical emergencies, this metal can be removed by medical professionals. This has been a cause of concern in the past with some metals.
- This metal can be substantially cheaper than the traditional platinum and gold metals.
Categorized In: Rings