5 Tips for Saving with DIY Wedding Invitations
There are so many ways to work within a budget when it comes to your wedding invitations. A great money-saving tip is to make them yourself. Do-it-yourself (DIY) wedding invitations allow you to flex your creative side!
Invitations usually set the tone and theme for your wedding. This means that you can get as fancy as you want by still staying within your budget. Another perk about DIY wedding invitations is that you can make them so far in advance—this leaves you more time (and money) to focus on the finer details when the date gets closer.
Here are five ways to help you create those perfect and elegant invitations that are budget-friendly:
(1) Save postage and extra paper costs by leaving out the inner envelope reply card and instead asking the guests to reply online or by phone. If you do ask to reply online, it would be helpful to create a new email account for your wedding RSVP’s so they do not get mixed and lost in your work or personal email messages.
(2) Avoid over-sized or bulky invitations. The heavier the invitations, the higher your postage cost will be. So keep the invitations to a minimum. You can still have fancy invitations without large flowers, ribbon, etc on them.
(3) Skip separate reception cards. As an alternative, have the reception information printed on the bottom of your invitations. If you cannot fit all of your reception information, either print on the back side of the invite or provide a link to your wedding website so the guests can easily access your information.
(4) Assemble your own invites. Instead of paying extra for pre-assembled wedding invites, invite friends over for an invitation assembling party! Open a bottle of wine and you’ll have lots of fun. Your friends may also have some creative ideas to add for the invites!
(5) Hit up your local scrapbooking store. The scrapbooking store sells every color of paper you can imagine! You will have no problem finding your wedding colors and the paper is about thirty cents a page. This paper is acid-free, durable, easy to work with, printer friendly and can be used for your invitations, direction cards, hotel block information, you name it. The store employees would also be helpful in giving you ideas that are straightforward and simple to duplicate!
Categorized In: Invitations & Stationery